Thursday, October 8, 2009

Viola da Gamba day

Hello, and welcome back to gluten free Goat City.

Today I had an introduction to an instrument that I have long wanted to try, the viola da gamba. The bass viol I got to play has six strings and frets.



The bow was a stumbling point for me with the underhand hold and different feel. I have a lot of work ahead of me...

Also, I have heard back from some companies regarding my favorite products that have been given the gluten-free stamp of approval:

Nana's Cocina tortilla chips, Original and Red Salsa flavors from nearby Manassas Park, VA.

Intelligentsia, all coffees and espressos, from my favorite US roaster in Chicago.

Yay, more gluten free products for the list. It's growing...!

Time to go try my new bow hold. Pumpkin Cake recipe coming soon...

No comments: