Thursday, January 7, 2010

is your toothpaste gluten-free?

I have been using Kiss My Face Triple Action toothpaste for years. When I went g-f, I checked the label, and while it doesn't have the symbol of being certified gluten-free on the label like some of my other favorite products do, the ingredients looked safe. I thought I would double-check when they recently changed their packaging, and here is what Heather at KMF wrote back to me:

While our toothpastes do not contain any gluten ingredients, we do not test the final product for gluten and so cannot guarantee them to be gluten free. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further help.


OK, and this is also what Seventh Generation says on their website about all of their products from dish-washing liquids to sanitary napkins...c'mon, why can't they batch test their products? Then they could put the official G-F seal of approval on their packaging, making their products then more desirable to folks like me.

If anyone out there knows of guaranteed gluten-free household and beauty products, please let me know!

No comments: