Tuesday, March 22, 2011

sprouted lentil burgers, drinking kale juice and coco macaroons

Hello, Goat City followers!

I have just finished level 2 of my 5-level Holistic Nutrition Course at Tulsi here in DC. Wow, I have learned a bunch, and I have so much more to learn. Brain exploding!

Started drinking my kale cooking water and using it to make tahini or almond butter sauces and drizzles. It has all the good stuff in it, and I usually just toss it! Now I am trying to toss it back. Just one of the many good nutrition tips I have learned in my classes...

Last night I wanted to have germinated brown rice, sprouted lentils and kale -n- dandelion greens, with a tahini-parsley sauce drizzle, only...I wanted that to not be boring! So, I highly recommend turning your "boring" lentils into burgers -- throw 1 c lentils cooked for about 10 mins (the sprouted variety cooks faster) into your food processor with 2 cloves of garlic, some sea salt and black pepper, and a splash of your cooking juice from the kale (just so it holds together). Bake for 20-25 mins in a baking dish with a little olive oil brushed on the burgers and in the pan at 350.

Perfect timing for 25 minute germinated brown rice to cook simultaneously.

In the meantime, make your sauce: 2 T tahini, splash of kale/dande green cooking water til you like the consistency, 1/4 c finely chopped parsley, splash of Braggs, sea salt and bl pepper (sorry I don't really measure, so it's just to taste). A hit of ginger root would have been nice too, next time!

And then for dessert, goat balls, I mean, coconut almond macaroons:
food process:
equal parts sprouted almonds and coconut flakes
add 1-2 t gf bourbon vanilla
dash of sea salt
3-4 large spoonfuls of coconut oil
pulse til it looks like it will form balls, adding more vanilla or oil as needed.
I don't miss the agave, but I guess you could add honey, agave or maple syrup at will. You're on your own there, since I have a no sugar diet, so both recipes are candida/bacteria kill-friendly! yay.
More tips: coconut oil is a good for you saturated fat that also has anti-fungal properties and is in general very healing.

enjoy xo

No comments: