Friday, February 11, 2011

candida kill redux


ugh.
I thought I was done with candida overgrowth in 2007, when I did my anti-candida diet as the beginning of my path to find out what was going on with my health.
Turns out pregnancy, miscarriage, two surgeries and two rounds of antibiotics within the space of four months tipped the balance.

I started itching in September, one month after the traumas ended. It hasn't stopped. I also had trouble staying awake, breathing and felt anxious more and more.

Determined to make 2011 a better year and the year a pregnancy will stay to term, I started researching my symptoms, and they came up matching, yet again and again, candida overgrowth. Coupled with my recent yeast allergy results, I decided it was time for a kill.



candida diet breakfast - coconut almond crepes with ground beef and veg topper (I like that you can see the steam coming off my tea in this one)

So, no sugars of any kind, fruit, yeast, fermented foods/drinks, gluten (duh), leftovers, shrooms, olives, vinegars, condiments for 3-4 weeks. Basically, I am eating veg, nuts, seeds, eggs, meat and oils. Once a week I have a "treat"...a coconut agave almond macaroon, for example. Some blueberry pancakes with almond butter and a pin head of agave. Some brown rice pasta.

Today I am stepping gingerly over a sad milestone. 2/11/11 was my due date. So, this morning I made myself some crazy savory crepes. I am going for a walk. I might go shopping for a prize. I will probably get myself some flowers.

Here is the savory crepe recipe. Just in time for a Valentine's Day brunch!

coconut almond crepes with rosemary beef and veg


crepes

1/2 c buckwheat or garbanzo flour (or combo)
1/2 c coconut flour
1/2 c almond meal
(you can use 1 1/2 c garbanzo flour instead of a mixture)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t sea salt
sift together.
make a well in center and add:
1 egg
1 1/4 c water
2 T olive oil
stir til the consistency of heavy cream
set aside.

topper
in a large skillet, fry up 1/2 lb of ground beef, 1 sm chopped onion, 3-4 cloves garlic. Add chopped zuke, chopped parsley and fresh rosemary towards end. Season w/ sea salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.

in that same skillet, make your crepes. use walnut or olive oil. top with beef mixture.

enjoy, and be well~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Margie for taking care of yourself and staying strong! You're an inspiration.